Saturday, March 1, 2014

Blog #8

Through my research project I would like to show that performance poetry makes a bigger impact on an audience than does reading poetry. 

I will need to gather information from performers of poetry and from audience members who have seen performance poetry. I will have to ask the performers to tell me why they choose to perform their poems and ask them to explain a time to me when they made a big impact on an audience member. I will have to ask the audience members if there are any differences in the way they feel after reading a poem and after seeing/hearing poetry be performed. 

One of my sources will be interviews done with performers of poetry. Another source may be a survey distributed to audience members who are witnessing performance poetry but I am not 100% sure about this yet. Lastly, I will need to find some research done about this topic, but I have not yet been able to find anything. 

My interviews will take place in mutually agreed upon locations. I also hope to attend an open mic where performance poetry is being done to survey the audience if that is what I choose to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment